Sunday, March 19, 2017

Sunday Stamps flower and art zine from Michael

Michael sent me mail art from Germany in this envelope with a nice WWF postmark.



The iris on the stamp made me think of the Sunday Stamps theme today - flowers. 

The current definitives of Deutsche Post feature flowers, and as far as I can tell there are 25 of them ranging in value from 5 to 500. I have received quite a few - iris, tulip, carnation, bleeding heart, allium, and daffodil (sorry about the blurry scan, it was on the edge of a package). I think the covered up stamp is a marigold. I also find it fascinating that the denomination is in cents (e.g. 145), rather than euros (e.g. 1.45).









The stamps are relatively large compared to definitives from other countries, and I think they do a great job of showcasing the flowers on them. For links to more flowers on stamps, head to Sunday Stamps.



And here's the fascinating art zine that was inside.




9 comments:

  1. I have received quite a few of those German stamps, but I like to see all together. I find the denomination in cents more elegant, if you compare with the Spanish "0,02€" on the king's stamps...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added a link to a picture of the whole set.

      You're right - the 0.02 euro is not as elegant. I suppose I am used to seeing 30c, or 50p etc, before it switches to the larger unit.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the link. Now I realise I have got quite a lot of them!

      Delete
  2. I had no idea there were so any of these flowery stamps - I guess I just keep getting the same ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's usually the case, isn't it? I keep getting the goat kid stamp from Canada and nothing else, not even at Christmas.

      Delete
  3. I have the 100 cents and four others presumably from the same great series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't realized there were so many in the series before researching for this post.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the link for the complete set. I have a few of these stamps and it's pretty interesting to check how many I have out of the total # from this issue.

    ReplyDelete